Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fighting Through Illness

Man oh man.

Don't you hate when it feels like you are coming down with something and you are momentarily struck by the thought:  How will everything get done if I get sick?  I'm in that place.  I have the symptoms of a cold right now.  The same cold that has laid two of my colleagues by the wayside in the past week and a half.  And now this same cold has reared its ugly head and placed me firmly in its sights.

I awoke with one stuffed nostril and a throat that ached when I swallowed.  Throughout the day, the symptoms progressed to sneezes, the feeling of an elephant on my chest, and slight nausea around dinner.  I have taken a nap and and am drinking my ginger ale.  I'll be heading up to bed in just a few to gather my strength for teaching tomorrow.

I'm praying that this is the extent of my illness.  I don't like being sick.  Thankfully for me, I rarely am.  Being off my feet with someone else in charge and running the house leaves me feeling a little disconcerted.  It's the whole Supermom thing again, but I am learning to relax a bit more.  My husband is learning to cook more meals and helps with homework and things around the house, which are blessings.

So if this thing progresses (which I really pray it doesn't), I know I'll be in good hands.  Even as I keep my cape tucked under my PJs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment