Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankfulness

Yesterday we celebrated another Thanksgiving.  Just five days prior I celebrated my 12th wedding anniversary.  When I look at how things have changed and rearranged and changed again, I can't help but to be thankful for everything that has happened to me.

When my husband and I first married, we were two struggling grad school students.  Within a year we were on our way to our journey in parenthood. Several years later, we added to that journey.  In between, we had career changes, lost several family members, witnessed serious illness in close family members, and generally experienced life.

Fast forward several more years.  Add in temporary unemployment, a relocation, growing children, and new beginnings.

Enter this year.  From frustrations to triumphs, all things have made me realize how fortunate I am and how thankful I should be:
 
My family is healthy. 
My husband and I are both employed. 
We have been given a chance to positively impact children outside of our family, church, and my job as a teacher. 
My husband has embraced his faith more than ever before and the changes in him have made positive things occur in our household.  His faith has impacted my faith and trickled to the children.
We have friends who love us unconditionally, and in turn, we feel the same about them.

There is nothing else I need right now.

I am simply thankful.

1 comment: