Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Juggling Act

It's been a crazy week or so in my household.  I had a "Wha...?" moment with my new cell phone (See 'Day 20' post on 180 Days.)  I've gotten the diagnosis on my knee, and I've been keeping on top of my children's schoolwork and activities.  Busy!

Regarding the cell phone, trust me.  Read the post.  You will feel so much better about yourself.

LG Ally™
My new phone.  Waaaaaay too much technology in such a small device.  Although it is light years above what I had before.  I won't even show the picture for that one.  It's too embarrassing. 
About the knee.  Good news: By grace, I don't need surgery.  Not-so-great news:  My doctor still doesn't know what's causing the inflammation in my knee.  So I'm to stay on the regimen of knee support, ice, elevation, and ibuprofen.  It's sort of nice because I am pretty much parked on the sofa with my feet up after work wearing a rather stylish (not!) ice pack from CVS called Peas.  (Only I feel unproductive and slobbish when I do that.  But hey, maybe God's trying to tell me to slow down a bit.) 

Anyhow, if my knee doesn't improve, I am to schedule physical therapy somewhere between balancing five plates on a pole on my forehead, juggling two dozen eggs in my hands, all while balancing on one foot (on my good leg) on a unicycle.  Have you got the visual?  That's how I feel lately.  My doctor is a really nice guy and all, but I don't want to have to schedule in physical therapy on top of everything else.  We'll see.

Oh yeah! My husband had an idea to send out an all-call for comments, questions, suggestions, and tips from you, my lovely readers.  So I'm letting it all hang out here.  Any comments for me?  Or burning questions as to how I (almost) stay sane? Any suggestions on anything?  Any sanity-saving tips?  Bring 'em on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment